Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan


Ryan turned 8 years old this week. He almost always gets a boring cake decorated in Christmas colors because his mom has run out of steam to do anything else. This year I decided he deserved a little better (even if I had to stay up until 2 a.m. to finish it). He was pretty pleased with the results, as evidenced by the rare genuine smile on his face while getting his picture taken.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At December 20, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the cake! You did a fantastic job!

 
At December 20, 2008 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

you are absolutely AMAZING!

the cakes my kids are pretty lame - but since they've never had one of YOURS, they don't know any better. (Let's not tell them, ok?)

 
At December 20, 2008 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks pretty "Jazzed" about that awesome cake! :-)

 
At December 20, 2008 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That cake rocks!! My kids get cakes decorated by the store because I'm terrible at it!

Happy birthday Ryan!

 
At December 20, 2008 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Amazing Cake. Nice job!

 
At December 20, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Tasha said...

Awesome job! I have decided that my kids can not see the cakes you make. They think a cake is decorated when it has a toy stuck in it and their name on it. You have WAY more patience than me :)

 
At December 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome cake, Harmony!! Ryan will never forget it, you can tell by his smile! Wish we could've been there to help you celebrate.

 
At December 21, 2008 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Tamary said...

Great job on the cake! When I first saw the picture I assumed you had bought it at a bakery. What other talents do you have that I didn't know about???!

 
At December 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Holly said...

All I can say, Harmony, is that YOU ROCK!!!!!

 
At December 22, 2008 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Wow! That is spectacular!

 
At December 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

What an awesome mom! My grandma used to make us cakes like that, and I never forgot. I know that Ryan won't either.

 
At December 23, 2008 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Janet S. said...

If we'd known about the cake, we might have stayed one more day instead of leaving on the 17th!!! However, I do think we should get an email address for your cousin Brandon Spevak who works for the JAZZ and see if there's not a prize for the best JAZZ birthday cake of the year. I'd think game tickets are definitely in order!!!
PS. send me the image file, ok?

 
At December 24, 2008 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Jerilynn said...

Doesn't that smile say it all!

 
At December 24, 2008 at 3:07 AM , Blogger Jo said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Awesome job on the cake, Harmony! I think I'm going to hire you to do my kids too, would you mind?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home