Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I did today

Showered and dressed
Put breakfast on the table (cold cereal, of course)
Made sack lunches for Jeff, Adam, & Ryan
Trimmed Adam's hair for school pictures & cut Ryan's & Dallin's hair
Got Adam and Ryan off to school
Vacuumed up hair
Helped Jared get dressed
Talked briefly to Mercy on the phone
Did hair with new straightener
Forgot to send school picture money--ran it up to the school
Took Jared to preschool
Skipped yoga class
Ate breakfast (cold cereal, of course)
Checked e-mail and a few favorite blogs
E-mailed Joy on her mission
Bathed & dressed Dallin
Read Dallin a story
Returned books to library
Picked Jared up from preschool
Checked furnace filter
Put cell phone on to charge
Fed Dallin lunch (chicken nuggets)
Cleaned up breakfast
Uncovered tomatoes in the garden
Put sprinkler on tomatoes
Put Dallin down for nap
Ate lunch with Jared (sandwich for him, leftovers for me)
Turned sprinkler off and unhooked hose from faucet
Tried (unsuccessfully) to fix borrowed portable DVD player
Cleaned up lunch
Scripture study and scripture journal
Made and colored paper dolls for Jared
Crashed for a short nap
Pushed Jared & Dallin in double stroller uphill to school
Picked up the ten neighborhood kids and walked home from school (downhill)
Made homemade pretzels for after-school snack
Primary presidency meeting
Made burritos for dinner (with Jeff's help)
Heated pizza rolls and oatmeal for kids that don't eat Mexican
Sent Jeff off to Young Men's
Bathed Jared
Supervised Adam's & Ryan's homework
Dressed Jared and Dallin in pajamas
Read a story to Jared and Dallin
Supervised Adam's & Ryan's baths
Supervised picking up clothes and brushing teeth
Presided over family prayer
Put kids to bed
Cleaned up dinner
Started dishwasher
Washed rest of dishes by hand
Deep cleaned high chair
Took out kitchen and bathroom trash
Picked up living room
Put load of jeans in washer
Picked up toys in family room
Checked news & e-mail while watching rerun of 2nd half of BYU-New Mexico football game
Blogged about what I did today--more than I thought! No wonder I don't get more done.
Put load of jeans in dryer
Tucked kids in
Brushed teeth and washed face
Went to bed

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 15, 2008 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's amazing how much moms really do in a day! There was probably a few more little things that didn't even make the list! Thanks for a sneak peak into your day. I often wonder if I'll be able to handle four kids or any more than the two I already have. ;)

 
At October 15, 2008 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

What are you - a MOM or sum-thin'?? I was up watching the football game re-run too - how funny. I was so tired, and so ready to fall into bed - I just flipped on the TV while waiting for my turn with the toothbrush (no we don't share a toothbrush, just the electric base thing) and I ended up staying up til the end - I just couldn't bear to turn it off, even though I knew how it turned out. How silly is that?

 
At October 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Jo said...

It's interesting to review a normal day of a Mom/Wife and see how much really does get done in a day. I often feel like I didn't get done near what I had set out to do for the day, but find that my day was busy and full all day. When I look back on the day I usually see that I did more than I had thought. I think your days are way busier than mine and I have a hard time keeping up with what I get to do everyday! I think it's also good to look back and see that even if it seems like we aren't appreciated much our Family needs us and otherwise things would not run as smoothly as they sometimes do! Good work! It was good to see you all in Idaho!

 
At October 15, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I'm tired just reading this!
Intrigued about your scripture journal...is this just somewhere you write about what you are reading? :) when I saw the optional dinner too....so glad it is just not my house.

 
At October 16, 2008 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

I love it when mom's do this, but then I feel an overwhelming amount of frustration because most of what is done is never really done - it has to be done again and again (probably why I hate laundry and dishes)

 
At October 17, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

And it all starts again tomorrow:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home