Friday, August 29, 2008

Who is the craziest...

Sarah Palin for accepting the job of running for Vice-President? Or John McCain for choosing her? I think I have to vote for her as being most out of her mind. Don't get me wrong. She appears to be a very amazing and down-to-earth woman who may be able to do great things for America if she's given the chance. She appears to be a good choice for McCain. I have nothing against women being involved in politics. In fact, I think politics and government could use a lot more female influence. And in some ways it's kind of nice to think of someone with a mother's perspective being in such a position of leadership. That being said, I have a really hard time imagining how in the world she can do the job well AND be a good mom to five children, four of whom are still minors and the youngest being a four-month-old with Down's Syndrome. That just BLOWS MY MIND!!! I don't care how intelligent she is, or how capable she is, or how supportive her husband is, or how little sleep she needs. She is still a human being with 24 hours in each day, just like the rest of us. I'm not trying to be judgmental here. I am not saying she should just stay home and take care of her children. And I'm not questioning her abilities as a mom or as a leader, just her SANITY!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Jeri said...

I thought the SAME thing! I too am not trying to be too judgmental - but I think her new baby is going to need all of her time, and then some! And that's on top of her responsibilities to her husband and other children. "NO success can compensate for failure in the home..." I don't see this as a good thing for women. I think it sends the message to women that being VP )or being great in the eyes of the world)is more important than being a mother. Who was it that said, "the future of America lies more in what happen in YOUR house than in the WHITE house..." SO So true.

Anyway - enough of my soapbox...
I'm SO looking forward to GNO tomorrow night! see you then!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Daniel B. said...

Why so practical? Aren't politicians supposed to be supermen...or women?

 
At August 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Jo said...

I'm excited to see what she can do for America! I think she's can be a great example for a lot of reasons and I think she can do it and still be a good Mom and Wife. I don't doubt she will have a heck of a time balancing her life and responsiblities. But, she seems to have been doing fine so far and the offices she's held aren't easy either. I believe she will do more good for women and America as a whole, than the alternatives. I say give her a chance....she may be our only hope!

 
At August 30, 2008 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Tasha said...

I was so excited to see that she was named that I jumped up and down and clapped my hands. I LOVE her - have seen her several times on different shows before she was named the VP choice. I love the way she can balance her life. I love her stand on abortion. I love the fact that she has a husband who is supportive of her decision and ready to help with the kids as needed. I feel like she balances the working mother so well and was delighted when I saw that her daughter appeared with her with McCain. I can now support McCain because of her.

 
At August 30, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Blogger dan said...

Yeah I was over at the Doyle's when the news came out and Nicole and I were having the same conversation...

 
At August 30, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Tamary said...

I agree that she's already doing a demanding job and seems to feel she can handle it. And being VP has to be less stressful than being president. And they may not even win. When I heard the announcement, my first response was amazed admiration that McCain and his advisors could pull off such a surprise in these days of blogs and leaks!

 
At August 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

It comes down to women thinking they can have it all. And I can't believe I'm going to quote Oprah here, because I hardly ever watch her show, but it's the smartest thing I've ever heard her say. It was during a show about stay-at-home moms verses working moms, and Oprah actually said, "I believe women can have it all; just not all at the same time." Amen. I admire Sarah Palin a lot, and I think she'll be a great VP, but no matter how "balanced" people think her life is, yeah, it's crazy.

 
At September 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM , Blogger LaurieSue said...

I would guess that she's not doing it all herself-- surely there is household help such as a maid and/or nanny keeping her "in balance." At least, I hope that is the case, because her kids need whatever time she has to spend with them!

 
At September 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

Also, don't forget that there is still a dad there too who can help raise the kids.

 
At September 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

lol! I'd question her sanity just for wanting to work with McCain that long but he is the lesser of two evils! I do wonder how she could possibly do it, but I guess where there's a will, there's a way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home