Recipe for Ruth (and anyone else who thinks it sounds good)
Chicken Mango Salad
Ingredients:
11 oz. canned white corn, drained
15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c. chopped red and/or green pepper
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 med. cucumber, cubed
1 med. tomato, diced
1 mango, chopped
1 T. olive oil
4 tsp. rice wine vinegar
chicken breasts (2-4 depending on size)
soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
4 oz. Monterrey jack cheese, grated
tortilla chips
lettuce, chopped
ranch dressing (poppyseed is also good)
Directions:
Marinate chicken breasts in soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. Mix first nine ingredients in a large bowl to make the salsa, then refrigerate. Grill or broil chicken, then cut into strips. Serve salsa over tortilla chips, lettuce, and strips of grilled chicken breast. Top with grated cheese and ranch dressing. Also good as a salad without the chicken.
Number Of Servings:4-6
***And if you have any great family-friendly summer recipes, please share!***


6 Comments:
I really like this salad! Thanks for posting the recipe...I think I lost the one I wrote down last time we had this at Scott and Marilyn's house. Hey while I'm thinking of recipes would you mind posting or emailing me the recipe for the carmel apple dip you make? You make yummy food!
Yeah! I was hoping you'd post this recipe-- it was so yummy! Thanks for making it for us!
Now if I can just find some tortilla chips here in Saudi. . .
:) Laurie
PS-- They have my Mango Tang here!
Why is it called Chicken mango salad. I detect a distinct lack of mangos in the ingredient list.
Now that would have been a glaring error, if I really had left out the mango, but I believe it is 7th on the list of ingredients. And the dish really wouldn't be the same without it.
You're my recipe hero Harmony, thanks! We had so much fun visiting with you guys. When we finally move to Utah we'll have to hang out more often.
I think I might have to try this one!!! It sounds so good!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home