Hot FHE Tip
In our family, we take turns giving the Family Home Evening lesson each week. Tonight was 4-year-old Jared's turn. Jared LOVES stick puppet Family Home Evening lessons. He goes straight for the binder that Aunt Tasha and family gave us for Christmas five years ago containing homemade Popsicle stick puppets and stories from The Friend magazine. Unfortunately, we've pretty much done all the stories Tasha gave us, more than once. So I got online trying to find some new ones. I've looked for them before by searching for flannelboard stories/figures on The Friend page of lds.org, but they aren't easy to find, and most of the puppets are black and white, which then have to be colored. Tonight I expanded my search a little, looked on theideadoor.com, and found Chocolate on My Cranium, a blog of a lady who has collected virtually all the flannel board stories from the Friend, colored them, and made them available for all of us to use. Now that is a service! We are set on flannelboard stories for months to come! Yay! My only complaint was that I couldn't get them to print out at a very high resolution, so they were a little fuzzy. Luckily, 4-year-olds don't care too much about resolution. But if you have any tips on how to get them to print out better, please pass them on.
Labels: Family Home Evening, Jared, tips


1 Comments:
Glad they came in handy! Blogger won;t let me upload the original file sizes of the flannel board stories so that's why they are a bit fuzzy. I'm trying to figure out a way to overcome that but decided to post them all anyway until I do. I can burn a CD with all the flannel board stories for you if you'd like. They'd print off at a better quality. If you're interested my e-mail is on my profile page.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home