General Conference
Jeff and I had the opportunity to attend the Sunday morning session of April General Conference with my parents in the Conference Center. The Tabernacle Choir was beautiful and inspiring. I liked Craig Jessop as the director, but Mack Wilberg has a different style that I think is going to take the choir to new heights. And of course it was nice to be able to focus on the talks without the inevitable distractions of four little kids--thanks to my parents for the tickets and to Jeff's parents for babysitting! However, I think I actually got more out of conference for me personally from some of the other sessions. I felt the Spirit as I sat in my mini-van Sat. morning listening to the solemn assembly before running in to the rec center to pick Ryan up from his basketball clinic. I know the Spirit was testifying to me that President Monson is the prophet chosen by God to lead us at this time. I was motivated to be a better mother, especially now while my kids are young (Elder Ballard and others), and to try harder to make my home a place where "the storm stops at the door" (President Monson). I was also impressed to keep trying to live the gospel without apology--to keep my standards high and to share my testimony boldly by the way I live, as well as in words. Sometimes with kids it is hard to concentrate and really feel like I've been able to feast on General Conference. This time instead of trying to hear every word and feeling frustrated when it didn't happen, I just tried to listen with my heart to everything that I could. I feel like I did feast and I heard and sensed what I needed to guide my life right now. What a blessing!


3 Comments:
Hmm - hearing general conference and enjoying it and not spending it fixing coloring pages, getting drinks, snacks, breaking up fights, etc. One of those things to look forward to I guess. I'm slightly envious of your chance to go see conference, neither Enoch or I have attended General Conference. I'm glad you had a great experience.
I agree with you about the talks and trying to feel the spirit. Trying to wrestle with kids and listen is definetly a distraction for me as well. I hope we'll get a chance to attend a live session too. I try and at least focus on one thing I learned and incorportrate it into our family. It doesn't always work perfect, but we "try". Thanks for sending Corbin a Happy Birthday he loved it!
General Conference was amazing! I got to watch it on TV here instead of at the computer and it was great! Chris was gone and Katie sat there for the whole first session on Saturday with me! (Abby was napping thank goodness) It was amazing to see the Solemn Assembly. I had never seen anything like it and I really felt the Spirit the whole time. I had missed that! I still am stuck here with the sickly kids so I haven't gone to the new ward....hopefully next weekend now that Katie has a stomach bug! I miss Texas and my not sick kids! LOL! This weather has to be why they are so sick all of the time! Katie was sick maybe twice tops there! Ick! Miss you! :o(
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home