The Kind of Post Charlotte Can Look Forward To :-)
I need to write down a couple cute things my little boys have been saying lately, before I forget them. Dallin is just learning to talk. He can say maybe six or eight words so far. His latest are "ball" and "yes." This is the first kid I've known who has learned the word "yes" before the word "no." I think it is because I don't say no to him. I shake my head and say "uh-uh-uh" instead, and he definitely knows what that means. Anyway, the other night I was putting his pajamas on and Jeff came upstairs to tell me that the Utah Jazz had just beaten the league-leading New Orleans Hornets by 11 points. I responded with an emphatic "Yes!" Then Dallin looked right at me with a smile on his face and loudly said, "Yes!" It was very cute.
Four afternoons a week I put Dallin and Jared in the double jogging stroller and go up to the elementary school to walk the neighborhood kids home--our turn in the neighborhood "carpool." (We drive when the weather is bad.) One day last week we were about halfway to the school. Out of the blue, from the stroller below me, Jared said, "Mom, you totally rock." Ah, the small precious rewards of motherhood! It really did make me feel good, knowing that he meant it--four-year-olds are mostly without guile and not capable of much insincerity. I can only hope he'll feel the same way about me when he is fourteen. :-)


5 Comments:
Wow, "You Totally Rock" is quite the compliment! Couldn't ask for more than that!
You DO totally rock.
Thanks for the cute stories. I'll think about them the next time I'm feeling more exhausted than I ever though possible. (which will probably happen in about six hours or so.)
Those moments are why I'm a mom and why I love it - they keep me going during the other moments, when my kids are telling me I'm mean and I'm not fair.
It does feel good when your kids tell you they like you....what ever words they use! I love it when Corbin and Aidan let me be there buddy and are glad to have me around! It definately reminds me why being a Mom is so Great! I love it too when they learn a new word. Especially when it's not something typical and you can't help but laugh because it sounds so abnormal coming from a child. The camping plans sound good!
I will have to agree with Jared--you totally rock!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home