Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Soul

I woke right up when the first alarm went off, way too early this morning--a rare thing for me. But with no immediate reason to get out of my warm covers, I lay there listening to the radio and heard this pretty, catchy, fun song. Some of the lyrics stuck with me, so I went looking for it on the Internet. I found it--"New Soul," by Yael Naim, a French-Israeli singer/songwriter. I really like it, and I like her voice. Although their sounds are quite different, she reminds me a little of Enya, without the Celtic influence. I'm gonna have to check out the rest of her album, especially the songs sung in Hebrew. And if I ever do a playlist, I'll definitely include this song. Give it a listen! Here's another YouTube link that includes the lyrics.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM , Blogger The Bullknitter said...

Oh, Harmony of the Multiple Alarm Clocks. Remember when you came back from Christmas break and you had 2 more alarm clocks, in addition to your fog horn? Lucky roomie that I was, it seems like I turned off all three and then gently shook you awake by yelling in your ear and sent you off to work. Am I remembering that right???

 
At April 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

LOL. You may have that right. I've never been a morning person. :-) But I won't take all the blame these days. The alarm is on Jeff's side of the bed and I am NOT the one who sets it for 5:15 am. That would be foolish since I don't really have to get up until 6:30.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

I just heard about Yael from some teachers who were going to their happy place after a long day - I will have to look into her album as well.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE her! It's nice to know I'm not the only one! I get that song stuck in my head at least once a day! :o)

 
At April 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

You have good taste...since Mike is an Apple guy. This is the song they play on their new commercials. Love the song!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home