Consider the Lilies
A few weeks ago in Salt Lake City the beautiful 7-year-old daughter of a refugee family from Myanmar (Burma) was kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered. As the story developed in the news, a song our ward choir sang for Easter Sunday kept running through my mind, especially the third verse:
Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on this earth.
The pains of all of them He carried
From the day of His birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And He will heal those who trust Him,
And make their hearts as gold.
You can listen to the whole song here, or read about Roger Hoffman's experience writing the song here.
When I see or hear about innocent children suffering abuse of any kind, my heart just hurts. What a comfort to know that Christ has taken on all their pain and He will heal them. Thanks to our loving Father in Heaven who cares for and provides for His children through the sacrifice of His Beloved Son.
Labels: children, Jesus Christ, music


6 Comments:
This song is probably my very favorite, bar none.
I've heard that song before, and never realized what the words were and that it talked about children. Really beautiful. I'm going to have to buy the CD now.
Love this song...beautiful thoughts, Harmony.
I couldn't agree more!
I sang this song with the MTC choir while I was there and have loved it ever since. Our ward choir director (and my mother-in-law) recently got it for us to sing and I'm excited about it. I liked your thoughts too. So many don't understand and become bitter about this kind of suffering. Thanks for sharing!
Mercy
I love that song, and I love how you apply it to the situation. Sometimes it is hard to remember that He has the power to heal those who suffer from even the grossest of crimes.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home