Monday, May 24, 2010

Charlotte! What are you reading?!!!*

I hear birds singing. My lilacs are blooming. My lawn needs mowing. My seasonal allergies are in full swing. But I woke up this morning, May 24th, to this:


I hope my tomato plants don't freeze.

*The last time I complained about the weather, my friend Charlotte blogged me an apology, taking blame because she had been reading The Long Winter, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I told her she needed to finish it quickly and find a warmer book to read. Charlotte, you've got some fast talking to do to get yourself out of this one. :-)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At May 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

You'll be happy to know that the last word of the last disk of "The Long Winter" was heard through my car speakers this morning as I was dropping Heather off at her grandparents. My apologies for being one day too late, apparently.

Next up--"Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale. Surely THAT will bring spring, right?

 
At May 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Aaagh! Charlotte, it IS your fault! :-) Just so you know the full extent of what you are responsible for, so far this morning I have cut the tops of empty milk jugs, thrown my coat on over my pajamas to go outside in the blowing snow to cover up my tomato and pepper plants, then I slipped and fell on the stairs and got soaked right through my favorite yoga pants. You are just lucky that I probably won't have to scrape windows or get the snow shovels back out. Love ya anyway!

Princess Academy is my favorite Shannon Hale book so far though. Good choice.

 
At May 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Holly said...

I am avoiding looking at my garden--I don't want to know what shape my tomatoes are in until I am emotionally ready to accept it. . .

 
At May 24, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger The Bullknitter said...

I feel your pain. Although we didn't get the snow that was forecast for Sunday. I never, ever plant anything until after the May long.

 
At May 25, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Be grateful for your own backyard with which to plant a garden. I am sad that I couldn't do it this year because of the moves and longingly looked at the Dennisons garden last night. Corn, squash, onions, peppers, tomatoes, peaches in the trees......Woe is me and the apartment pool in our "backyard."

 
At May 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Blogger aflescarb.blogspot.com said...

Crazy...and some how i am excited to move north...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home