Sunday, February 7, 2010

2009

It took me awhile to get this posted, but here are our family's favorites, in their own words, for 2009. I stole this idea from my cousin Karen, who does this with her kids every New Year. I thinks it's a great way to record what our family is like right now. Imitation is the best form of flattery, right?!

Dallin
, 3
Favorite Breakfast--Cocoa Puffs
Favorite Lunch--peanuts and Honey Nut Cheerios
Favorite Dinner--chicken and rice
Favorite Treat--candy canes
Favorite Color--blue
Favorite Movie or TV Show--Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny
Favorite Book Read This Year--"No Nap for Natasha"
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--play with trains
If I had $1,000,000 I would--buy a dump truck
Best friend--Josie and Bryton and Spencer
Best part of school--brothers aren't home
Worst part of school--brothers aren't home
Favorite song--"Yoda" by Weird Al
Favorite hymn or Primary song--"I Love to See the Temple"
Favorite sport--baseball

Jared, 5 1/2
Favorite Breakfast--waffles
Favorite Lunch--pizza
Favorite Dinner--bacon
Favorite Treat--Skittles
Favorite Color--yellow
Favorite Movie or TV Show--Superman
Favorite Book Read This Year--The Count's Poem
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--play the Wii
If I had $1,000,000 I would--buy 4 houses
Best friend--Christopher
Best part of school--recess
Worst part of school--writing
Favorite song--"We Are the Champions," by Queen
Favorite hymn or Primary song--"The Wise Man and the Foolish Man"
Favorite sport--baseball


Ryan, 9
Favorite Breakfast--crepes
Favorite Lunch--nachos
Favorite Dinner--spaetzle noodles
Favorite Treat--cookie dough ice cream
Favorite Color--light blue
Favorite Movie or TV Show--Alvin & the Chipmunks
Favorite Book Read This Year--Percy Jackson & the Olympians series
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--play the Wii & play with friends
If I had $1,000,000 I would--buy an Ipod Touch, MP3 players, new Wii games, a new bike, and put half in the bank
Best friend--Andrew, Skyler, Jaxon
Best part of school--PE, recess, and reading time
Worst part of school--it's 7 hours long
Favorite song--"Alles Neu" by Peter Fox
Favorite hymn or Primary song-- "How Firm a Foundation"
Favorite sport--basketball


Adam, 11
Favorite Breakfast--egg in a frame
Favorite Lunch--Mexican
Favorite Dinner--chicken wings
Favorite Treat--chips and salsa
Favorite Color--blue
Favorite Movie or TV Show--Princess Bride
Favorite Book Read This Year--Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--playing with friends
If I had $1,000,000 I would--spend it on books, get a swimming pool for our backyard
Best friend--Nathanael
Best part of school--Volleyball
Worst part of school--long division
Favorite song--"Fireflies" by Owl City
Favorite hymn or Primary song--"A Child's Prayer," by Janice Kapp Perry
Favorite sport--baseball


Jeff
Favorite Breakfast--crepes
Favorite Lunch--burritos
Favorite Dinner--pad thai
Favorite Treat--dark German chocolate
Favorite Color--blue
Favorite Movie or TV Show--Mythbusters
Favorite Book Read This Year--"Ruhm" by Daniel Kehlmann
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--fly R/C airplanes and ride bikes
If I had $1,000,000 I would--pay off debts and buy a Fezzari road bike
Best friend--Harmony
Best part of school--Study Abroad
Worst part of school--Study Abroad
Favorite song--"Lucky" by Jason Mraz and "White & Nerdy" by Weird Al
Favorite hymn or Primary song--"The Spirit of God"
Favorite sport--cycling and swimming


Harmony
Favorite Breakfast--Cinnamon Life
Favorite Lunch--leftovers
Favorite Dinner--massaman curry from Bangkok Grill and anything Jeff cooks
Favorite Treat--Bottlecaps and Death by Chocolate milkshakes
Favorite Color--green
Favorite Movie or TV Show--BBC's "Foyle's War" TV series via Netflix
Favorite Book Read This Year--Percy Jackson & the Olympians series
Favorite Fun Thing to Do--photography
If I had $1,000,000 I would--pay off debts, build a garage, get rid of the minivan, buy some new camera lenses, give anonymously to the poor, and save a chunk
Best friend--Jeff
Best part of work--staying home
Worst part of work--it's never done
Favorite song--"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay and "Lucky" by Jason Mraz
Favorite hymn or Primary song--"I Have Faith" by Janice Kapp Perry
Favorite sport--football and yoga

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At February 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

What sophisticated, international eaters your boys are!

I had to look up the Peter Fox song on YouTube. Funky. And then I had to look up the translation. See if Ryan likes this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

It's Swedish -- maybe he's strictly a Germanophile?

I love the rootbeer flavored Bottle Caps.

I must read these Peter Jackson books. You're probably the 10th person to recommend them.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Somehow I accidentally deleted this comment from my cousin. Sorry Karen!

"I'm flattered! And I'm going to borrow from your list and add Primary songs and maybe sports to ours next year. Adam sounds like my kind of kid- Princess Bride and spending money on books. Oh, and the long division part. Thanks for sharing, cousin!!!"

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

How fun! Can I steal this idea??? Anything to give my family stalkers a post, right?

AND....what in the heck is "egg in a frame"?

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Sherry, an egg in a frame is an egg fried in a "frame" made of a slice of bread with the middle cut out, usually in a circle shape. You never had it at Girls Camp?!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

Uhhh....yes I DID have that and LOVED it. Didn't know there was a name for it besides "I want an egg in the middle of bread but not French Toast". :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Jerilynn said...

Fun insights!

 
At February 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Jo said...

What fun! I love finding out new things about family. I might have to steal this idea too. I'm interested to see what the boys say. Good seeing you guys this last weekend.

 
At February 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

My Jared has been singing We are the Champions and he is going to sing it in his band. Also, got to know about those death by chocolate milkshakes...where to get them? Or are they home made?

 
At February 11, 2010 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

Wendy, the Death by Chocolate milkshakes are homemade, but the Death by Chocolate ice cream is from Smith's (or your local Kroger affiliate grocery store). I'm all but addicted to it.

I'm not sure how my kids starting liking Queen. What's funny is to hear my 3-year-old singing, "We will, we will, ROCKET!"

 
At March 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Buckeroomama said...

What a great idea! I will "borrow" this and do it with my two kids one of these days. :)

 
At March 7, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Tamary said...

I agree with the other commenters, this is a good idea! I think you just gave us our next family home evening activity.

And I've never heard the term "egg in a frame" before, but we eat that all the time. We call it "toad in a hole" or just "eggy bread."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home