Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's not a tough choice

What's your vote? I say, "See ya later winter!" I am tired of cold. I am tired of wind. I am tired of my furnace clicking on (although I'm glad it does.) It shouldn't snow in May. I want to put away my down comforter. I want to stop wearing coats and jackets. I wouldn't mind the rain, if only it would warm up. I want to mow the lawn and get sunburned. I want to send the kids out to play. I want to sit under my lilac blossoms and soak in some warm and green. I've got hot cocoa mix on my shopping list this week. I will buy it, if that is what it takes to get spring to show up. Does reverse psychology work on the weather? Can we vote winter out of office? Out of season? I need spring!




















OR

(Not my photo--borrowed from www.TripodGirl.com)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At May 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hop a plane to the Bahamas and tell winter you won't come back until it's gone! :D

 
At May 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Tasha Seegmiller said...

I agree. I have this feeling deep down in my soul that it is going to be a year of two seasons - summer and winter. I really am a huge fan of spring and fall and feel jipped when they get skipped.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger deutschlehrer said...

are those our lilacs? If you took it, that is a nice photo

 
At May 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

Those are not our lilacs, and that is not my photo. I borrowed it from www.tripodgirl.com.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Holly said...

I have been wearing flip-flops with my jeans and sweaters trying to tease the sun to come out. It hasn't worked yet. I really want to get back on my bike, but I just don't do weather under 60 degrees. Wimpy, but true.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

I think it's clear that Utah has lost its mind:) Sorry about the snow.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM , Blogger The Bullknitter said...

Yes, reverse psychology does work on the weather. I put the shovels away a few weeks ago and we've had nothing but winter storm warnings here since. My bad.

 
At May 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Come on back to San Angelo for a visit. We're talking wildflowers and 97 degree temps!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger aflescarb.blogspot.com said...

I am sorry to say that your former residence of San Angelo has had temperatures up in the 90's this week and it has been a wet year so the wild flowers are beautiful.

 
At May 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Jo said...

I'm with you Harm! I vote Winter to be offically over until next year! We're feeling so cramped up and even if it's jacket weather with rain drops we've headed outside just to get out. Hope warm weather is coming very soon, I want to plant my garden and everything else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home