Chores
I've just been thinking about some of the chores that I do and how I feel about them. This is not a complete list, just the ones that came to mind immediately.
Chores I Don't Mind
laundry
yardwork
vacuuming
Chores That Aren't As Much Fun As They Used to Be
grocery shopping
cooking meals
Chores I Avoid As Much As Possible
cleaning bathrooms
dusting
dishes (Except when I feel like I'm getting nothing done, I do the dishes and feel like I've accomplished something.)
Edit: ironing!
Labels: work


7 Comments:
Yeah - Carolyn for some reason really enjoys raking leaves?!?
Hi Harmony,
I hate doing dishes too. Mostly just because it seems so unfair to have to MAKE the meal and CLEAN UP after the meal. Mostly, Tom and I trade off ("If you cook, I'll clean" and vice versa). Tom is Mr. Environmental Guy, so we were doing all of these dishes by hand. And then I read this: http://www.slate.com/id/2189612/
Hahahahaha! I just finished "working" in the garden! I say right on! Your list is equal to mine. I would add making the bed to things I don't mind doing. It seems to make the room so much cleaner and gives me a place to stash the laudry that I've managed to wash but not fold.
I don't like putting away laundry, unloading the dishwasher, or changing sheets on the bed. I don't mind vacuuming, yard work or grocery shopping.
That reminds me--I HATE changing sheets on bunkbeds! Other beds aren't so bad.
I have the same list Harm! I don't mind making beds each morning, but I don't really when the bed sheets need to be washed. I think part of the reason for my likes and dislikes are the time it takes to do them. Anyway I'd always rather be playing with the kids or doing something more fun than cleaning inside the house. Outside work seems more rewarding because it stays cleaned up longer.
There was a time when I thought dusting was the best chore in the world, didn't take a lot of effort, funny smelling chemicals, etc. until I moved to Enoch and now it is hands down the most frustrating thing in my life because it takes 45-90 minutes for the layer of dust to be back over my whole house. ARGH.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home