A day in the life...
Sometimes at the end of the day I have to stop and think about what I've done, just to give myself credit for actually accomplishing something.
So here's today:
4 a.m.
Adam woke up and crawled into bed with us because he had a bad dream.
4:30 a.m.
Woke up to Dallin crying--stuck the binky back in and it worked. We both went back to sleep.
5 a.m.
Alarm goes off because Jeff needed to get up early to write a test. I roll over and go back to sleep.
5:45 a.m.
Woke up again and decided not to get up and do yoga at 6 a.m., since I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.
7:05 a.m.
Rolled out of bed, woke up Adam and Ryan, and started the morning routine. Put cereal on the table for breakfast, fixed three lunches, tried not to nag the boys too much to get their clothes on and get ready for school. Looked unsuccessfully for gloves for Adam to wear--it's chilly in the mornings.
7:45 a.m.
Sent Jeff and Adam out the door on their bikes to school. Adam has choir before school on Wednesdays and Fridays.
8:15 a.m.
Sent Ryan out to walk to school with the neighborhood kids. Got Jared out of bed and started him on cereal. Got Dallin up, changed him, and nursed him.
Morning
Helped Jared get dressed. Folded laundry. Unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, washed pots and pans by hand. Fed Dallin some cereal and fruit. Put him down for a nap. Finished cleaning the kitchen. Took a shower while Jared watched PBS. Moved eleven boxes from the living room to the basement. Moved two boxes from the living room to bedrooms. Unpacked one box. (I'm hoping to have the upstairs settled by Christmas. The basement could take years still.) Dried and curled my hair. Changed a couple more diapers and helped Jared use the bathroom several times. He's not quite completely toilet-trained. (Last night he was saying the prayer for dinner: "Heavenly Father, thank you for the food. Wait, I need to go to the restroom first." I almost fell off my chair trying not to laugh while I told him to finish the prayer first, which he did, then ran to the bathroom.)
Afternoon
Warmed up leftovers for lunch. Fed Dallin some veggies and applesauce. Loaded up the kids in the van and mailed some letters at the post office. Spent $125 on food storage items at the Macey's caselot sale. (The empty shelves in our food storage room and in our new freezer have been begging to feel useful.) Got a workout hefting 20 lb. bags of rice and cases of canned goods. Got home just in time to put the case of frozen orange juice in the mostly empty freezer before putting Dallin and Jared in the jogging stroller to go pick up the neighborhood kids at school. (I take turns with four other moms in the neighborhood. It's a pretty good system.) Gave the kids a snack, then forced them to turn off the TV and go to the library with me. Fed Dallin one more time before we left. Herded four kids through the public library for 30 minutes. Returned home, put Dallin down for a nap, and let the kids go play. Sat down on the couch to read the Ensign magazine that came in the mail.
Evening
Fixed burritos for dinner so we could try out the brand of refried beans that are available at the caselot sale before we buy a whole case of inferior refried beans. Ate dinner, then fed Dallin again. Cleaned up the dishes and kitchen again while Jeff played computer games with the boys. Swept the kitchen floor. (I'm still not sure I like the hardwood floor. It looks really nice, but seems to take more time to clean than linoleum or carpet.) Did the whole bedtime routine and got the bigger kids in bed--late, it's Friday. Sat down to watch TV with Jeff while I nursed Dallin. Put Dallin to bed. Got the modem reset and the DSL reconnected after Dallin pulled the phone line out of the wall. Blogged all of this just for the fun of it. Headed to bed about midnight so I can get up and do it all again tomorrow. Isn't life wonderful?!
Labels: family, Jared, life, motherhood


4 Comments:
You'll probably enjoy this video then!!
I mean this one
If that's not out there - search on Youtube for "Total Momsense"
wow - what a day. That's a lot of "GO ME!" moments to celebrate.
Question: are you using a regular broom to sweep your floors? If so - you should really consider switching to a dust mop type of broom. Definitely speeds up the sweeping process.
Hearing about all the "nursing stops" doesn't exactly get me excited for the upcoming year. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the nursing/bonding time, but it sure puts a cramp in the schedule -
One of these days when it's warm - let's get together and take the kids to Discovery Park (it's in PG/manilla) My kids love to go there and I'd love to visit in person.
I saw the Momsense on TV the other night and thought I'd split. I'm glad to know how to find it to show your dad. Its toooo true. I know the trip to the library was taxing, but it validates this grandma, who took you and your siblings on similar trips. I figured out once that I've been making library trips for 60 years now. Since I now teach teachers to become librarians, it shows if you stick with something long enough, it becomes your life. Love, MOM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home