Still alive, but up to the gills
Wow, a whole month since I've posted. I didn't realize it had been quite that long. I've missed it. We moved into our house two weeks ago and things are still just crazy. I hope I'll feel settled by Christmas. The boxes and cleaning and trying to potty-train Jared are all bad enough, but I haven't even had the Internet to give me a break when I just need to sit down and escape for a few minutes. First we were debating where exactly to put the computer. Then when we finally decided to put it in the family room in the basement, we realized that only three of the seven phone jacks in our house are working, and they are all upstairs. I have DSL ordered, but we're going to have to call in a service tech to fix the jacks next week. I hope I'll be back online by a week from today so I can catch up on my e-mail and blogging and the outside world in general. It's been nice to just hide in my house for a couple weeks and try to get it clean and organized, but it's getting old fast. I'm feeling a little isolated from my "old" friends and feeling the need to get out and make some new ones too. Enrichment Meeting in our new ward is this coming week, so that ought to be a good opportunity. The house will just have to come together eventually. Jeff's new job is going well and keeping him plenty busy. The kids all seem to be adjusting well to their new circumstances also. We really like our neighborhood and they are making friends. More later when I'm connected again!


3 Comments:
I'm glad to see you finally found a computer -- even if it isn't your own!!
How things settle down for you soon!! Can't wait to hear more from you!!
I meant "hope"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home