Monday, September 24, 2007

100 Things About Me

1. When I eat ice cream I almost always make a milkshake out of it.

2. I love chocolate milkshakes, especially with chocolate chunks, candy, and/or nuts.

3. My favorite color has been green for as long as I can remember.

4. I don't like to shop. I try not to even go to the grocery store more than once a week.

5. I like to watch movies with my husband--mostly action/adventure and sci-fi/fantasy. I like dramas and some chick flicks too, but we don't watch many of those....

6. I like sports, but I'm afraid I've become more of a spectator than a participant.

7. I served a LDS mission in Japan, but I'm not very fluent in Japanese anymore.

8. I read the Book of Mormon in German with my husband every other night before we go to bed.

9. I share a love of genealogy and family history with my mom.

10. I load a mean dishwasher. I don't like washing dishes by hand, so I'm really good at fitting as much in the dishwasher as possible.

11. I don't like to wear high heels or panty hose, if I can avoid them--which I usually do.

12. I love my four boys very much and wish I was a more patient mom.

13. When I was 19, I swam in the Dead, the Red, and the Med--seas that border Israel.

14. I still bite my nails when I am stressed, but only my pinkies.

15. I'm a night owl, but I wish I was a morning person.

16. I'm an alto, I love choral music, and I love to sing in choirs.

17. I got my bachelor's degree in Family Science from BYU. Go Cougars!

18. When my kids are older, I think I'd like to go back to school to study either physical therapy or social work/counseling.

19. I'm short (5'3"), but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to when I played basketball in high school.

20. I was a tomboy as a kid. I thought it would be cool to earn my Eagle Scout at the same time as my younger brother.

21. I love fresh raspberries and raspberry jam and homemade raspberry ice cream.

22. I like to organize things--a place for everything and everything in it's place. I think it's a Seegmiller gene.

23. I have a weakness for my husband's chocolate chip cookies--and the dough.

24. My dream house has a wraparound porch.

25. I love the smell of lilacs and honeysuckle.

26. Bike-riding is fun.

27. Some of my favorite "classical" composers are Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Haydn.

28. I still like 80's music--it energizes me and makes me sentimental.

29. Deep down I'm a sappy romantic at heart.

30. I love to read, especially fantasy and historical fiction.

31. I want to be a scriptorian--I love the scriptures.

32. I love having good, close friends to share life with.

33. I do yoga for exercise and stress relief.

34. I have lived in seven different states and three foreign countries.

35. My husband and I have lived in eleven different homes in 15 years of marriage.

36. I enjoy camping, hiking, and just spending time outdoors.

37. Someday I'd like to have a green thumb.

38. I've survived two episodes of major depression. I believe in antidepressants and cognitive behavioral therapy.

39. The only child I've had that weighed less than 8 lbs. 13 oz. at birth was born three weeks early.

40. I'd rather clean than cook.

41. I love mountains.

42. I like to hang out with people who make me want to be a better person.

43. Some of my comfort foods are chocolate, graham crackers and milk, and home-canned pears and peaches.

44. I've never been to Yellowstone.

45. I don't mind doing laundry.

46. I like to learn how to do new things.

47. I'm a perfectionist, and sometimes that gets me in trouble.

48. I've had knee surgery twice--on the same knee.

49. I tend to be chicken--just a bit on the risk-averse side.

50. As near as I can tell, I've visited 649 of the 3141 counties in the United States, about 20%.

51. I can only recall receiving three speeding tickets in my life.

52. I am not a pet person.

53. Waterskiing is a blast.

54. Ironing is not my idea of fun.

55. When I was a kid I took piano lessons, and I played the trumpet and French horn. Piano is the only one I really wish I'd kept up with.

56. I have a sweet tooth. I usually crave chocolate or ice cream, sometimes candy--but almost anything sugary will do when I get those cravings.

57. I like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

58. Milk--it does a body good!

59. I don't have a gall bladder any more. It was "delivered" the same day my youngest son was.

60. I'm not a big fan of TV. It's nice to veg in front of it occasionally, and there are a few shows I like--Jeff and I are kind of hooked on Lost--but mostly I think it's a waste of time. There are just too many other things I need or want to do to sit in front of the tube. And I wish my boys would rather go out and play with their friends instead of watching it every single minute I let them.

61. I like to mow the lawn.

62. Kroger brand Death by Chocolate ice cream is to die for. (But Graeter's ice cream is still the most heavenly thing I've ever tasted.)

63. Jeff and I read out loud to each other when we travel in the car and occasionally when we do dishes.

64. I've ridden on a camel. They stink.

65. My dream house has a spacious, open floor plan with lots of natural light.

66. I like a lot of ethnic foods.

67. I don't do polyester. I can't stand to wear synthetic fibers unless they are mixed with natural fibers.

68. The Swiss Alps are one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

69. I prefer a dry climate, even though it means I'm addicted to hand lotion.

70. I played Little League baseball when I was a kid. I only hit one home run, but I could throw hard so I got to play pitcher for a couple years.

71. Some of my favorite nicknames are Harm, Harmdime, and Gumi-chan.

72. I'm practical to a fault.

73. I like a four-season climate.

74. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the carols, the colors, the cold & snow, the food & treats, the spirit, the anticipation, the good cheer, the celebration of Christ, the gift giving and receiving--everything but the shopping!

75. Snow skiing is fun, but I've never done it enough to get past the sore muscles.

76. I think recycling is a good idea.

77. I love my family. My parents taught me righteous principles. I am so thankful they raised me to live and love the gospel of Jesus Christ. My siblings are some of my best friends.

78. I married into an awesome family too. I'm proud to be a Packer.

79. My husband gives great backrubs.

80. I love fresh fruit.

81. Blogging is fun. I love keeping up with my friends and family this way.

82. My four boys are cute, smart, talented, and wonderful. If only they didn't know how to push my buttons.

83. I have a hard time doing nothing. If I take a break, I'm either sick, or I'm just trying to think of what I need to do next.

84. I like to be frugal, and I like to find or stumble on good deals without shopping around for them.

85. I'm a lot more comfortable with myself than I was when I was younger.

86. In high school I played basketball, softball, and volleyball, and ran track and cross country. Basketball was the only sport I did all four years though.

87. I love being a member of the Relief Society.

88. I'm not afraid of heights, but I don't like falling or jumping from them. I tried repelling once though--controlled falling is a blast.

89. I hate roller coasters, but I like the rides that spin fast in circles. Actually, I think amusement parks are overrated (and overpriced).

90. I hate snakes and spiders.

91. My first few jobs as a teenager were babysitting, delivering newspapers, and working at Arby's. I never did like the roast beef, the Arby's sauce, or the horsey sauce though.

92. I would love to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

93. The most difficult church calling I've ever had was teaching the 14- to 18-yr-old Sunday school class--in German. I don't know that I will ever be intimidated by any other calling as much as I was by that one. Thank you Bishop Ruetz.

94. Snowboarding looks like fun.

95. I'm proud of my husband--for his career accomplishments, for being a great dad, and for being all-around wonderful.

96. I like to work hard and smart. It gives me such a feeling of accomplishment.

97. I like to do nice things for other people.

98. I cut all my boys' hair.

99. It only took me like two months to think of 100 things about me!

100. I've made awesome friends everywhere I've lived. My friends, my cousins, and my family (i.e., the people reading this blog :-) are the coolest people in the world!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM , Blogger dan said...

649? Rookie! :-)

 
At September 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

I'm not that far behind you! But I haven't made much progress lately either. Did you notice the guy who was three short of getting every single county has finally filled them in?

 
At September 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The word "chocolate appears in this entry 7 times, and the word "ice cream" 5 times

 
At September 29, 2007 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Yep, that's me. :-)

 
At October 1, 2007 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Charlotte said...

"ice cream" is actually two words, you know.

;)

 
At October 6, 2007 at 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share 18 of your 100 and part of several others. Guess that qualifies us for a filial relationship ... considering that we differ in gender.

 
At October 21, 2007 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Holly said...

I am impressed that it only took you two months to come up with 100 things. It would take me at least a year! I enjoyed reading about who you are/what you do. And I like ice cream better in milkshake form, too. Ice cream in a cup with a bit of milk, stir it up with a spoon and eat. Yum. It makes me hungry thinking about it.

 
At April 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

Update on #44: as of October 2011, I have now been to Yellowstone. It was fine, but I think Utah's national parks are more scenic and beautiful. I'll be okay if I never go back to Yellowstone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home