Family Notes
Dallin turned eight-months-old on the road between Texas and Utah. He started crawling for real on July 18th, now sits himself up and is starting to pull up on furniture. He is becoming very curious and starting to get into things. He has the cutest smile that he shares with everybody.
I expected Jared would have the hardest time with the move since he doesn't quite comprehend what is going on. Actually, he's doing really well as long as he still gets his nap each day. With all the commotion lately he has missed a few, especially while we were packing. Lately he's been saying things like, "Look Mom, we have one of those at home." Interesting how he still has a picture in his mind of what home is, even though he saw the house in Texas all packed up and empty before we moved.
Ryan's eyes have been looking a little square lately. If I'd let him, he'd watch TV or play computer games all day. He also enjoys reading and sports, but will choose an entertainment screen first if he has the choice. I took him miniature golfing yesterday for a little one-on-one "Mommy time." As we were driving home, I asked him how he felt about moving to Utah, going to a new school, making new friends, etc. He seemed okay with all of that, but then asked me, "Mom, do first-graders have to get any shots to go to school?" Good to know his fears are completely normal.
Adam also seems to be dealing well with all the changes so far. He's especially enjoying spending time with grandmas and grandpas and cousins. He's a social kid, always has been, so I really hope he'll find some good friends in our new ward and school. I figure there's always going to be negative influences, so I've been praying for a place to live where there will be good influences on my boys--friends, teachers, Scout leaders, etc.
Jeff and I are hanging in there. We've had plenty of physical and mental stress--lots to do and lots of decisions to make, but so far we're holding up. Jeff is probably holding up better, just because he's been biking and swimming lately and is in better shape than I am. We've both been really tired, but I seem to get there a lot quicker than he does. My lack of stamina is pitiful. Regular exercise will be high on my to do list as soon as we get settled, among other things. As always.
Next, stayed tuned for details of the house hunt.


3 Comments:
You all sound so busy. Good luck with the house hunt and settling down in your new place!
Thanks for posting Harmony I know it must be crazy!!!
welcome back to blogging - I've missed your updates. Good luck on the house hunt.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home