Intifada
An excerpt from my journal, Sept. 2nd, 1989:
"Tonight was a little scary. I guess some of the Arabs in the village below us set a fire in the middle of the road to cause problems--intifada. We went out on the balconies to see what was going on....About three trucks of Israeli soldiers came and a crowd gathered just above our lower gate....Heather and Kathie...heard what they thought were shots. Then Heather and I saw and heard a gunshot, then a few minutes later the soldiers all drove away and the fire was put out. Tension...should I write to Mom about this one!?!"
Labels: Israel Fall 89


2 Comments:
No, do not tell your mother about this one!
I learned that when I was out of the country it was better to write my mom the happy stuff---and tell her the rest when I was safely back home with her!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home