Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Science Experiment

What do you get when you combine a two-year-old (temporarily unsupervised), a microwave, and a homemade chocolate chip cookie? Carbon.

I was downstairs on the computer and started to smell something burning. I RAN upstairs and found the whole kitchen billowing in smoke, Dallin standing on a chair in front of the microwave, and 1:29 left to cook on the timer. I stopped the microwave, got Dallin down from the chair, and somehow had the forethought to use a hot pot holder to take the microwave dish out the back door and set it on top of the outside garbage can. Good thing for my hand that I did, as the garbage can lid now has a melted spot on it. I don't know how long this poor chocolate chip cookie cooked. Here is a picture of the culprit and his handiwork. Yes, he's cute. No, he did not get a replacement cookie!


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At February 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM , Blogger Missy said...

LOL! I can laugh because I had an experience like that with Elliott when he was 2 and some microwave popcorn. He left the celophane(?) wrapper on and everything. What a mess and the house smelled for days!

Random remark: the word verification is anciant...almost spells ancient which I thought was fitting for a history major.

 
At February 8, 2009 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Karen Scott Welker said...

You got to love them! Otherwise . . .

 
At February 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to kids to give their parents some gray hairs!

 
At February 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Jo said...

I'm so glad our microwave is up too high for them to reach even with a chair....and that they haven't thought to climb the stove to reach it either. We've had many other similar crazy experiences though...it seems the age of 2 bring this on. Too funny...though it probably wasn't at the time. Dallin looks pleased with the result. What a cute little stinker!

 
At February 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Jerilynn said...

Next lesson to share with Dallin, the time it takes to defrost a frozen cookie. There is a reason they come so cute.

 
At February 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

That is practically a work of art. Maybe you should of framed it instead of tossing it. Dallin looks very proud of his handiwork.

 
At February 10, 2009 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! Children! I'm sure you didn't find it very humorous at the time, but I can't help but laugh! He is cute!! Look at that angelic face!

 
At February 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM , Blogger The Eyre's said...

Too funny! Boys make life so interesting & enjoyable. Glad you could laugh about this since no real harm was done. Kids are the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home