Saturday, February 28, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

(Charlotte, you can copy this for your game if you want to, but I think it's way too easy. :-)

You may have seen or heard of "The Mom Song" by Anita Renfroe. If you haven't, check it out here on YouTube. (This isn't the original--not Anita Renfroe herself, but it's a good version.) It's a song based on what a mom says in 24 hours, condensed into two minutes. Trust me, it's hilarious.

The other day my good friend Kathie introduced me to a couple of similar songs by LDS singer/songwriter Hillary Weeks. Check this one out, also on YouTube:

"To Do List"

And my favorite:

"My Favorite Things"

I love it! I giggle every time I hear it! Bedtime and naptime and naptime and bedtime... :-)
Thanks Kathie!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At March 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

I've seen these before and I just LOVE them (especially the Hillary Weeks ones)

And for "the game," Julie Andrews, sound of music, middle of the rainstorm in her bedroom. (To bad it's not Charlotte's site, I'd have a few more points.)

 
At March 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! That made my night!!! So funny!

 
At March 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Paula said...

Thanks so much for sharing these!! I'd never seen the Hillary Weeks ones. They made me giggle too.

 
At March 1, 2009 at 11:29 PM , Blogger The Bullknitter said...

How coincidental, bedtime and naptime are a few of my favourite things as well! Loved those, thanks for sharing.

 
At March 5, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

It is very funny that on the day I saw this I just had a conversation I'm working into my blog...It involves a conversation with my brother and him asking, "well, what do you do after school? Just take a nap!" LOL!!! Stay tuned...

 
At March 7, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Love it! Thanks for the giggle. Can't wait for Jay to get back from a one month in germany to show him. :\

 
At March 8, 2009 at 4:32 PM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

I feel like i'm in mourning when the kids stop taking naps - I've lost my best friend.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Tim said...

HAHAHAHA--these were hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home