So Cal
My youngest sister, Joy, got her mission call yesterday. She will be serving in the California Carlsbad Mission, English speaking. (Carlsbad is on the coast, halfway between L.A. and San Diego, not far from Oceanside. She won't get to enjoy the beach much, however.) I am proud of Joy and so excited for her! Of course all our guesses about where she would go were wrong (Hong Kong, Czech Republic, Mongolia, Texas, Germany, Japan), but I know she is going where the Lord wants her to serve, and where she will learn best what she needs to learn. When you pray for the missionaries, please know my little sister is one of them!
Labels: family


3 Comments:
As Joy will learn, Northern California and Southern California are different enough that they are practically different states. Having said that, Joy is lucky lucky lucky to go to California. I LOVED serving my mission in Northern CA!
This is truly my most favorite place on Earth! Carlsbad! I have many memories at the beaches there with Christian and Sydnee when they were younger. My mom and dad have a time share in Carlsbad....I believe that it is heaven on earth. She is going to love it!
There is NO WAY Joy is old enough to go on a mission!!! (Has that much time REALLY passed???? - am I getting that old??? I remember "observing" Joy for an assignment for my early childhood development class my first year at SU - she was like 4!) Give her my love and best wishes. Your parents must have done lots of stuff right - to have all 5 kids worthy and desirous to serve full-time missions. what was their BIG SECRET??? I need to emulate.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home