Sunday, September 30, 2007

I love my crockpot!


Well, I think mine is technically a slow cooker, like this one. Today was a nice, peaceful Sunday, and I think it turned out that way mostly because dinner was ready in the crockpot when we got home from church. It's so pleasant to walk in the house and smell dinner already cooked! This time I even went to the effort to put the chicken and the barbecue mix in the crockpot Saturday night, so I didn't even have to stress about getting it ready before 9 a.m. church. I just pulled it out of the fridge and plugged it in before we left. If only I could be that on the ball all of the time...

On a different topic, we spent Saturday evening with Jeff's family in Kaysville celebrating Jeff's mom's birthday. We ate a delicious dinner made by Jeff's dad, opened gifts, then the women retired to the TV room to watch the broadcast of the annual Relief Society general meeting. It was wonderful! I especially appreciated the power and straightforwardness of Sister Beck's message. I always come away from those meetings wanting to be better, and usually feeling motivated and capable of becoming better. There have been many years when I have watched the Relief Society broadcast in a chapel full of women, but felt lonely because we had just moved to the area and I really didn't know anyone. This year might have been the same, but was so much better because I got to watch it with some of the best women in the world--Jeff's mom, grandma, and sister-in-law. The only thing I would do different next time is make the effort to go to the church to watch it. You'd think that I could have an hour and fifteen minutes to myself--i.e., away from the kids--just this one time a year, but it didn't work because they knew where I was and I was too accessible. Live and learn!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Daniel B. said...

Harmony,

I'm a big fan of the Crockpot. It is the mother of all kitchen appliances.

I don't have your email to respond to your comment, but yes! i did forget lime. I've used it before, and I can't believe i forgot.

Daniel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home