Thursday, October 18, 2007

Last Three Counties in Utah

Last Friday Jeff and the boys were out of school for their Fall Break (a.k.a. UEA or deer hunt holiday). We decided to take advantage of the long weekend to drive over to Vernal to visit Jeff's brother and family. In the process of the trip, I finally made it to Duchesne, Uintah, and Daggett counties, the last three counties I needed to visit in Utah. Ta da!

That puts me at 652 of out of 3141 counties (20.76%), 36 of 50 states, 2 Canadian provinces, and 9 other foreign countries. I have now visited all the counties in Nevada, Utah, and the District of Columbia. You can find the website I use to track my counties and access a map of my U.S. travels on the Scoreboard here.

We had a great time with Nathan and JoLynn and their boys. The kids all played pretty well together and we just enjoyed each other's company. On Friday they gave us the grand tour of the Utah Field House of Natural History, otherwise known as the "dinosaur museum." As museums go, it is really nice. If only Jared weren't afraid of dinosaurs. :-( Saturday we took a picnic lunch and drove north on U.S. 191 towards Flaming Gorge. Our first stop was a hike near Red Fleet State Park to see some dinosaur tracks preserved in the sandstone on the edge of the reservoir. The weather was very pleasant and the hike was enjoyable, but a bit long for the younger kids (3 miles round trip). Jeff had Dallin in our backpack, but we ended up taking turns carrying the three toddlers a lot too. Next time we'll be better prepared. After the hike we had a quick picnic lunch in a scenic spot before heading home. Here are some pictures of the kids and the scenery:

Cheesy Grins














Nathan & Aiden




















Corbin the Lizard















Adam was hungry enough to eat a rock sandwich. Mmm, sandstone!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 19, 2007 at 6:51 AM , Blogger dan said...

652 huh? You're catching up! I'm at 726 currently, but not a whole lot of options for getting any new ones any time soon.

You've probably already noticed this, but your graphic got messed up. I've noticed this with mob-rule too - they recycle their graphics, so if you want to show a pic, you have to save it to your computer and upload it

 
At October 19, 2007 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Got the graphic problem fixed I think. Thanks Dan, I hadn't noticed. No immediate prospects for getting any more counties anytime soon here either.

 
At October 19, 2007 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Love Dushene County as that is where Craig's brother and his family live (Roosevelt). We drive that route over Flaming Gorge when we come from Iowa...beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home