Monday, October 29, 2007

Five small steps

Dallin took his first steps yesterday, two weeks short of his 1st birthday. He had a lot of encouragement from his dad and brothers and Grandma Marilyn and Papa Scott. He's not very steady on his feet though, so I think it will be several more weeks before he's taking off of his own volition. I think that makes him my earliest walker except Adam, who was walking at nine months (before he even cut any teeth!). It's both sad and fun to see my baby growing up. I know they have to grow, but I miss the little baby stage when it's gone.

Grandma and Grandpa came down to see Adam and Ryan in the annual Primary program in sacrament meeting yesterday, then stayed for Sunday dinner. Ryan did very well with his speaking part, and Adam impressed everyone with his solo of "Listen, Listen." He has a good ear and a good voice, but I really don't know where he gets the guts to sing a solo in front of the whole ward! We were proud of both of them.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

I sang my very first solo when I was in Primary as well.

Years later (the last time I was Primary chorister), as I was trying to give the children the opportunity to sing solos or in small groups as part of our primary program, I showed a picture of myself at age 6 (the age I was at the time of the solo)and told them the story. Before I told them the story though, I let them guess who the little girl in the picture was.

Guess what the most popular answer was?

A PIONEER.

Kind of a hard day on the old ego, that was.

:)

 
At October 29, 2007 at 2:22 PM , Blogger dan said...

Our program was also this past Sunday. Scott stole the show if I do say so myself, though not intentionally.

Check out Carolyn's blog for a recap, but the basic gist of it was 5 y/o Scott busting out "Love is Spoken Here" at the top of his lungs, totally and completely off-key. Good times.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home