Friday, July 1, 2011

Prince Dallin

I am proud of myself! I was almost the coolest mom in the neighborhood today. Dallin was invited to a "Tangled" birthday party. His friend, Bailee, who lives in the cul-de-sac behind us, turned 5. The invitation said to dress as a prince or princess. I wasn't quite sure how that was going to happen, but we got the costume box out and it came together.

The shirt is from a pirate costume that is at least two sizes too big for him. I pinned the sleeves up though, and managed to make it work. He was definitely the cutest prince at the party. The moms gushed over him, and all the kids thought he looked just like Flynn Rider from the movie. But Bailee's mom was the coolest mom in the neighborhood. She went all out with the Rapunzel theme, making a super cute cupcake tower, a 20-foot-long braid out of yellow yarn, fun Tangled party favors, and games and activities to match. I'm not sure how impressed Dallin was, but Bailee was in heaven. I couldn't help but think again that it's a good thing I have boys!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Grandpa P said...

Yay Dalin (and his Mom.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

I just got caught up on all your summer blog posts. You're making me feel lazy!:) Really though, it sounds like you are having a great summer. Hope I can be a small part of it if we actually make it to Utah this month:)

 
At July 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank heaven for little boys! My kids have yet to even have a birthday party with friends. (It kind of breaks my heart to say that that's mostly because they don't have friends...) It sounds like a lot of fun and Dallin's costume is amazing! Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home