Friday, July 1, 2011

Busiest. Summer. Ever. Part 3.

And finally, swim lessons. We just finished the our first session today. Our second session starts after the 4th of July holiday. I considered not doing two sessions this year, but all the boys are doing well and progressing, so we're pushing on and trying to take advantage of that.

Dallin is finally old enough to enjoy the water and not freak out. Last year he lasted less than two days of the Preschool class. Thank goodness he doesn't remember that. He even loves the water slides. He can't do them on his own, but I think he went down 9 or 10 times today with help.

Jared was the best swimmer in his Level 2 class, according to his teacher, our good friend Rachel. Watching him catch on to swimming and become more independent in the water is almost as much fun as seeing him learn to read this past school year. He's moving on to Level 3 next week.

Ryan passed a major milestone in the pool. For a couple years he's struggled to pass his swimming classes because he was afraid to go in the deep end. This year the fear is gone. And he even jumped off the diving board for the first time this week. Now we can hardly get him off it. :-)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Nate said...

Tell Ryan not to let his dad try and bribe him to jump off the high dive. He did that to me once and took it back as I was falling into the water! He still owes me $5!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Grandpa P said...

I can relate to Ryan. I was scared of the water at his age. I still am. I havent taken a bath in years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home