Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Be careful what you say, & what you ask for

So my dad sent me an e-mail today saying that they got 2-3 inches of heavy snow in Cedar, and he was worried about his vegetable garden.

I replied that we've only had rain so far, and that I haven't planted my tomatoes, peppers or beans yet, but I have lettuce and peas coming up, and rhubarb coming out my ears.

My dad, ever the punster, wrote back, "I'd like to see a picture of that."

So after school I cut some rhubarb, stuck it in my ears, and had Adam take some pictures of me.

(Like my new t-shirt? I think it's G-R-R-R-EAT! Found it on the clearance rack at Target and couldn't resist. It says "Kellogg's Frosted Flakes" in Japanese!)

He joined in the fun.



Then some of the neighbor kids joined in as well. I don't feel comfortable posting their photos without their parents' permission, but we had rhubarb princesses, a rhubarb king, and something vaguely resembling a Maori warrior. Silliness and fun!

By the way, anyone want any rhubarb? It's coming out my ears!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Even if I didn't know you, I just know I would love to have you as my next door neighbor. I can hardly stand rhubarb, but you certainly make it look fun.

 
At May 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Grandpa P said...

We miss our rubarb. If anyone near Kaysville needs some I know where theren is lots.

 
At May 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Tasha Seegmiller said...

I actually would love some rhubarb - wonder if there is any way for you to get some to my dad - he is coming up this weekend....

 
At May 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

Charlotte, we've found that rhubarb is best consumed in strawberry rhubarb crisp. Any other edible ways also require plenty of sugar. :-)

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I was nearby. I would so take so,!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad that I'm not getting the same rain that you are. I wouldn't want rhubarb growing out of my ears. It looks uncomfortable! I wouldn't mind having that rhubarb hat though.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Holly said...

I don't even like rhubarb, and yet those pictures made me smile. :)

PS LOVE the tshirt!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

Love the T-shirt. Does it come in Korean?;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home