Sunday, October 25, 2009

Autumn in American Fork Canyon

About a month ago, when the autumn leaves were peaking, we took a drive up American Fork Canyon for a Family Home Evening activity. It was beautiful! I love fall, and I think it's mostly the gorgeous leaves that do it for me. Here are a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment. (Ruth, I hope they don't make you too homesick. :-)









Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Tasha said...

Beautiful!!! I missed getting in the mountains to see the leaves here. They were good for a week or so and then the Cedar wind came to visit in full force...

 
At October 26, 2009 at 6:25 AM , Blogger LaurieSue said...

These are just beautiful! Fall is my favorite time of year. :) Fall leaves always make me think of the poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Oh World, I cannot hold thee close enough!"

 
At October 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

Hey - I'm thinking you've got an awesome camera! or maybe just some really terrific photography skills. (maybe a bit of BOTH???) These are beautiful!

 
At October 26, 2009 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Paula said...

Love the pictures! We are enjoying the fall leaves here in TN this year. It's nice to have fall again after living in TX for 12 years and hardly getting a fall at all.

 
At October 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Tamary said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

 
At October 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger OUR HOUSE said...

The Mountains + Fall Foliage = You did me in Harmony! Thanks for posting these though, they are gorgeous:)

 
At October 26, 2009 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Jo said...

How fun! I love Fall too and especially the leaves. We've made several trips up the Canyon for Hot Dog roasts and just to see the leaves. Fall is my Favorite time of Year. Your pictures are great!

 
At October 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM , Blogger aflescarb.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful...I think it has been way to long since I have seen the fall. I can't wait to move to Colorado next year.

 
At October 26, 2009 at 8:47 PM , Blogger The Bullknitter said...

Very. Nice. Shots.

 
At October 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures Harmony! We were in Utah a lot with my grandpa's birthday and funeral, but it was So. Utah so we didn't get to see as many beautiful trees!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. pictures. I love #4 with the sunburst and I can't believe all the red colors in the last one. Are you still loving your camera???

 
At October 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Janet S. said...

Well, that's a great way to get away from boorrring. Loved your photos. I used to think fall was my favorite time of the year, but when we get four inches of snow during "Fall" I'm already looking forward to SPRING.

 
At November 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful! Putting your camera to good use!

 
At November 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Holly said...

What Beautiful pictures! I do miss fall walks in the canyons. You, my dear, are becoming an EXCELLENT photographer!

 
At January 16, 2010 at 5:54 PM , Blogger kellieanne said...

I love autumn for the very reason your decided to take these beautiful pictures. It's pratically impossible to describe how gorgeous the colors can be. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home