Hobby #3 Photography and Photo Editing
I've always enjoyed taking pictures, especially since we got a digital camera. It's kind of a wannabe hobby though. I've gotten lucky with a few pictures that turned out nice, but I don't really know much about the principles of good photography. I'd like to take a photography class sometime and learn more.
For Christmas Jeff's parents gave me some Photoshop photo editing software. I was thrilled, but wasn't sure when I was going to find the time to sit down and learn how to use it. Then I heard about a Beginning Photoshop class at the local community college. It was offered two nights a week for four weeks in February and cost $90, and I had two friends that wanted to take it with me. I figured that commiting to the class and investing money in it would make me take the time to learn how to use the software, so I signed up. Jeff was kind enough to take care of the kids so I could do it. I learned a lot, I really enjoyed it, and I wish I could have continued with the intermediate class, but baseball season was starting for the boys, so our family schedule was full enough. Anyway, I still don't have much time to sit down and play with it, but I've got the basics. Here's a small example of what I can do:
For Christmas Jeff's parents gave me some Photoshop photo editing software. I was thrilled, but wasn't sure when I was going to find the time to sit down and learn how to use it. Then I heard about a Beginning Photoshop class at the local community college. It was offered two nights a week for four weeks in February and cost $90, and I had two friends that wanted to take it with me. I figured that commiting to the class and investing money in it would make me take the time to learn how to use the software, so I signed up. Jeff was kind enough to take care of the kids so I could do it. I learned a lot, I really enjoyed it, and I wish I could have continued with the intermediate class, but baseball season was starting for the boys, so our family schedule was full enough. Anyway, I still don't have much time to sit down and play with it, but I've got the basics. Here's a small example of what I can do:
Before
After


3 Comments:
It's like magic! Where did that door handle go??
:-) Looking good!
At first we were like "uhhhh what's different?" Then we noticed. And we zoomed in to check that the wood grain matched too! :-)
Can you teach me Photoshop? Just kidding... With scrapbooking and photography being my hobbies right now, it is one program that I would love to learn. I first need to get a new camera....mine is on it's last leg! This is so cool. Love the photo from the baptism too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home