What's More American?
So Harmony, do you have the words to the song you sang all through 1st grade about "I'm as American as corn flakes, apple pie, and . . ."? Shucks, you probably remember the words. I thought it was a very cute song and since it was the Bi-Centennial year, you also rode on stick horses and sang "Yankee Doodle Dandy." Mom
That was the comment from my mom on my last post, to which I must respond. What a blast from the past. As I recall, I also wore a blue plastic tri-corner hat in that Bicentennial program. No, I don't remember all the words, but I did find part of the tune still in my head, and I did remember enough of the words to find the lyrics and the name of the songwriter. Is there anything that can't be found on the Internet?! Anyone else remember this song? Do you have a favorite song from elementary school that still brings back warm, fuzzy little kid memories? Aaah, first grade...that was a good time of life!
What's More American
Words and Music- Kadish Millet
What's more American than corn flakes?The Fourth of July and Uncle Sam.
What's more American than baseball?
I am, I am, I am!
What's more American than tooth paste?
Rock and Roll, peanut butter, toast and jam.
What's more American than O.K.?
I am, I am, I am!
The Stars and Stripes, George Washington,
The Capitol Dome and Bubble Gum.
There's General Grant, and Robert E. Lee,
But most of all you can count on little old...
Me, Me, Me.
What's more American than ice cream?
Chow mein, pizza pie, Virginia Ham.
What's more American than bingo?
I am, I am, I am!
Ours is a heritage second to none.
We are a nation united as one.
Our Founding Fathers gave us that start,
And their love for our country lives on in ev'ry heart!
What's more American than Football?
T.V. and mighty Superman?
What's more American than saying
I am, I am, I am!
from www.classroomclassics.com
Labels: music


3 Comments:
What, no picture of you on you stick horse or in your tri-corner hat???
Good question. I don't have a picture of me from that time. Mom?
I still have this song memorized and I can't remember the A of F....go figure...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home