Christmas Fish
We had a good Christmas. The kids woke up to find that Santa had, with Mom's and Dad's permission, brought them a fish tank. They also got coupons from Mom and Dad to go buy fish at the Animal Ark in American Fork, since it's too cold for Santa to keep tropical fish at the North Pole, of course. (Not to mention the water in the tank needed to be filtered and conditioned for a few days before the fish arrived.) Adam chose two orange swordtails, Ryan picked out two porkchop fish, and Jared chose three zebra fish. So far, so good. None of them are dead yet. Mom might get a couple powder blue gouramis for her birthday, if we determine they will be friendly with the others. This was a big step for us, as Mom and Dad are not pet people. But the fish don't shed, they don't poop or pee on the floor, they don't bite or scratch, they don't eat much, and if we take care of them they shouldn't smell either. And it's actually fun and restful to sit and watch them swim--kind of like watching the flames of a campfire.


2 Comments:
Fish. The perfect pet. I have had way more pets in my house then I care to recount, and I am telling you fish are the best. Just check the heater dial from time to time to make sure that one of your boys isn't trying to cook them for dinner. (don't ask . . .)
the fact that even in the picture, Dallin can't keep from looking at the tank says it all. I really do enjoy fish tanks. Try this trick - after a long, stressful, ready to beat the children day, turn off all the lights except the tank light, and breathe deeply while watching the fish swim. (I kept a tank in my office back in my working days and that's what I would do to de-stress)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home