Saturday, April 7, 2007

Cold Texas Easter

We had a cold front blow into Texas yesterday. At Ryan's teeball game last night it was about 50 degrees, but the wind made it feel much colder (although not quite cold enough to send the players to the coach's motor home between at-bats). They actually called the game after two innings and let us all go home to get warm. On the way to the car 3-year-old Jared said, "Mommy, I'm frozen." Anyway, Ryan got to play in the pitcher's position the first inning and was so excited when he threw two runners out at first. Wish I could have caught the grin on his face and shared it with you.

Today was even colder. I'm not sure it got above freezing. We had freezing rain and then snow too, which actually accumulated maybe an inch on the ground. In this part of Texas that is fairly rare, especially in April. So far they haven't canceled church tomorrow, but if the roads are icy enough, they might. We did Easter baskets and an (indoor) Easter egg hunt today so we can hopefully focus on Christ and His resurrection tomorrow. That might be a bit trickier to do with the kids if there is no church. We'll see. It'll be a cold Texas Easter, but fortunately the weather is supposed to be back up in the 70's in time for the next round of ball games next week.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2007 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Hi Harmony! I didn't know that you knew about my blog....I was so excited to find yours! It has been so, so cold here. Yesterday, it was colder that Christmas morning. Can you believe that?? I really want it to be spring and stay that way. I heard you were moving back to Utah...when is that happening? Email me soon. I have not been able to get on myfamily.com because our computer died and it had remembered my password for so long that I have forgotten it. I will have to get in touch with your mom and have my login reinstated. Good to hear from you!

 
At April 11, 2007 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Jeri said...

Harmony - so great to hear what you're doing. I'm having so much fun catching up with people from "the past."
(You're moving back to the Provo area? If you want any help finding a house, my husband has his realtors license and could be on the lookout if there's something specific you're looking for)

Later - Jeri (fugal)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home