Random stuff and catching up with Jared
I'm open to suggestions for a better blog title. My current one is accurate but not too creative.
Yesterday Jeff was telling me how impressed he is with my one-handed typing skills. It's one of those bonuses you get with childbirth I guess.
Jared's verbal skills continue to grow by leaps and bounds. My favorite lately is how he answers most questions with the word "kepuz"--for example: "Kepuz I don't want it!" or "Kepuz I don't know." He's very expressive and it's very cute, even when he's being a stinker. The cute while being a stinker part won't last I'm sure.
Jared celebrated his third birthday a couple weeks ago. For several weeks leading up to his birthday he kept talking about his Larryboy "happy-birthday-to-you cake" or his Lightning McQueen "happy-birthday-to-you cake." Jeff can draw Larryboy (of Veggietale fame), so we picked that one and were up until 2 am decorating it. It turned out pretty well and Jared loved it, so burning the candle at both ends paid off this time. Here are a couple of pictures of the masterpiece with creator and recipient:

The mark on Jared's forehead is a burn he received when he bumped into the propane lantern while we were camping at Carlsbad Caverns during Spring Break a few weeks ago. It's mostly healed now, but we're waiting a bit to see if the scar fades more before we try to get his 3-year-old photographs taken.


3 Comments:
wow that is some serious talent! Great job Jeff!!!!
Jared is getting so big, so fun to think back at the reunion him and kirsten were just tiny tikes!
You know that is what I remember about Jeff when I lived with you guys that summer. That he was great with details, does he still build model airplanes. Great Cake!
Yes, Jeff still builds model airplanes.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home