April Fool's and Batting 1.000
So for my first official entry in the blogosphere, let me tell you what Jeff did to celebrate April Fool's Day with the kids yesterday. They wanted aebleskivers for breakfast, better known as "footballs" at our house, since that's the shape they usually take when we cook them. Jeff was game to make them, as he usually is on weekends, but he decided to add a few surprises for the sake of the holiday. After a little thought he first tried marbles. Now, it didn't occur to me until afterward that this might pose a choking hazard, but luckily it had occured to Jeff, so he was very careful to not give a marble-filled aebleskiver to Jared, and to carefully watch Adam and Ryan as they bit into theirs. They thought it was a great April Fool's joke and also enjoyed the blue milk, and the aebleskivers filled with other assorted things found in our kitchen--breakfast cereal, peanuts, pretzels, toffee chips, and especially, Spiderman fruit snacks. Only problem was, Jeff made a double batch, which almost caused us to be late to the Sunday morning session of General Conference, which we usually go to the church to watch so the kids know it is still the Sabbath day.
Adam came up with something interesting yesterday that I had never thought of. Jared's name includes the first letters of the names of most of the rest of our family:
J--Jeff
A--Adam
R--Ryan
E--well, maybe the next kid, if there is one
D--Dallin
That leaves me out, but since I'm the odd one out anyway, and since I was impressed that Adam thought of this in the first place, I'm not in the least offended.
Adam played his first baseball game of the season tonight. (Ryan's first game is tomorrow night--stay tuned.) For the second year in a row, Adam is on the Tigers in the Peewee (machine-pitch) division of our local Little League. This year he is one of the older, and therefore, better players. He's even grown a few inches and looks like a big kid. He played third base for the whole game and got up to bat twice, getting singles both times. That means he's batting 1.000 for the year. Not bad at all. And his team, which struggled last year, was very excited to win their first game tonight by a score of 3-2.


2 Comments:
Great post, Harmony. Tell that 3rd baseman that Grandma Janet's proud
of him!! I saw Doug Corry's wife Megan (Schmutz) yesterday and asked
her to be sure and tell Charlotte "congratulations" from all the
Seegmillers when they go up for the wedding next week. I understand why
they're doing it in Logan, but feel bad that there's not a party here
for them too.
You have a blog!!
How great is that??
I'll add you to my "favorite blogs to check" list, so I'll be able to keep tabs on you.
Tell your mom that I'm sorry we didn't do a party in Cedar for our wedding. We should have at least held some kind of a shower or open house, but the time got away from us. (and to be honest, I've been away from Cedar so long, I didn't think anyone there would really remember me anymore. I was wrong about that.)
Anyway, great blog! I'll look forward to reading about more T-Ball and stuff.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home