$143 sock and Ryan's first game
I think it's a good idea to try to learn at least one new thing every day. I just hate learning things the hard way. Last Wednesday our washing machine broke down with two loads to go. Jeff volunteered to look at it and try to fix it, but when it wasn't even obvious how to open it up we decided to call a repairman. Sears sent out a really nice guy who popped open the washer, pulled one of Dallin's little socks out of the pump, kindly advised me to wash little socks in a mesh bag so they can't escape the tub, and then charged me $143. What a pain. I even have one of those mesh bags, but hadn't thought to use it. Guess I will now. Live and learn.
As mentioned in yesterday's post, Ryan's first teeball game of the season was tonight. He's one of the older, bigger kids in teeball now too, which I think he's pretty happy about. Last year he wanted so bad to play in the infield. Tonight he played third base the whole game. Here he is in his Pirates uniform. (Maybe it's a genetic thing with third base. That was usually my position in Little League too, unless I was pitching.) He got three hits in each of the three innings. They don't keep score in teeball, so there was no winning team. Jeff and I have always thought they should declare the team who gets the most defensive outs as the winner, since getting a runner out is quite the accomplishment for those little kids who are just beginning to figure out how the game works. And believe me, although Ryan knows more than he does last year, this team has a lot of young kids and a LOT of room for improvement. If one of them weren't my kid, it would be painful to watch them.
The elation we felt when Jeff was offered a position at UVSC a few weeks ago is beginning to take a back seat to the stress that comes with the whole moving process. We are still happy about these changes, but not looking forward to the transition period. Ugh.
Labels: baseball, live and learn, Ryan, sports


7 Comments:
Yeah Pirates! Go team. the games are still painful even when one of them is yours. I like to watch the other field where the little league pitchers try to bean the batters
This is interesting. I don't know where you found this site but is a good way to let people know what is going on. Keep it up.
I did this once but clicked on the wrong button to get it sent and it didn't send. I'm impressed with the blog and it's fun to hear what is going on. Sorry about the $143.00 sock!! I really liked the general conference link. Dad's going to put the talks on his Ipod so I can listen to them while I walk. We're anxious to see the boys play even if it is painful
We got lucky once with our furnace. We called the guy to come out and fix it and he opened it up, lightly sanded some part and started it back up and it worked fine. Normally it would have been a $50 charge just to come out (we have a home warranty) but he didn't charge us because it was so simple. Phew!
yippee for blogs!
Dad Packer--you can start your own at blogspot.com. It's easy. Wish I'd done it a long time ago.
Mom Packer--maybe by the time you get here the teeball games won't be quite so painful.
Dan--you did get lucky. We have a home warranty too, but hadn't paid the extra $ to put the washer, dryer, and fridge on it. Sometimes you just have to insure yourself.
I am so glad you started a blog!! Your family is very cute and I love the stories!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home